Welcome to the Jopling/Jobling Site
My name is Ruth Jopling and I am engaged in a "One Name Study" of the Jopling/Jobling name. My own line runs out in 1809 when my great great grandfather was born. I have been trying for twenty years to ascertain for sure the family to which he belonged. He was a Whitesmith and lived most of his life in Newcastle. He was married to Sarah Bullock and they had two children, a son William Henry and a daughter Mary. William Henry Jopling started a teacher training and then went on to become an accountant. He married Isabella Atkinson and they had three sons, the youngest, Frederic William Jopling was my grandfather. Frederic married his cousin, Olivia Jane Atkinson and in turn they had three sons, the youngest of whom was Arthur Frederic, my father. I have two sisters and a brother, but though he is married, my brother has no children and our line will run out as far as the Jopling name goes. The name is carried on by offspring of my cousins.
Site Intention & Information.
Latest- I have just published a Jopling book on Lulu.com called "Their Lives and Times".
Click HERE to learn more about it.
I shall be gradually adding Jop(b)ling information to the site, but in order to read most of it, you will need to register and I will send you a means of accessing the relevant pages. This site is for Jopling/Joblings- those researching them and those related to them and for this reason, the information is only available to the aforementioned.
At present you can access:-
1) BDM. An index to the Births, Deaths and Marriages registered under Civil Registration and arranged in alphabetical order, a marriage index for the north of England, US Social Security Death Index, the War Graves Commission & Australian War deaths. Canadian cemeteries.
2) Archives- Joplings in the S African National Archives. Link to Jop(b)ling information at the PRO, London. The Unassisted Shipping to Australia passenger list.
3) CENSUS. Index to the 1841, 51, 61, 71, 81 & 1901 U.K. census, north USA census 1880, Canadian census 1881and the 1891 census for Scotland.
4) The electoral roll for the UK 2001.
5) The IGI for U.K., Scotland, Australia (incomplete) & Germany.
6) Misc. Jop(b)ling information, Addresses & telephone numbers and Canadian telephone numbers. Joplings & the schools they went to.
7) Wills. An index to wills pre & post 1858.
8) Jop(b)ling entries in some Directories.
9) Parish Register entries for County Durham
I shall continue to put more of my records online.
© Ruth Jopling 2002 email Ruth@jopling.info
Site updated 01/03/09.